Change any of the Basemaps to grayscale?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 07:56 AM
NicholasLiccini
New Contributor II

Hi!

I'd like to be able to change the ArcGIS basemaps to be grayscale so that it is easier to see graphics drawn on there. I'm aware of the lightGrayCanvas basemap, but I'd also like to have the imagery basemap be grayscaled. Is this possible?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can modify the brightness, contrast, and gamma on the client side, as ArcGISTiledLayer inherits from ImageAdjustmentLayer - ImageAdjustmentLayer QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

You would need to loop through the layers in your Basemap, and apply the values that you want to each of the layers in the Basemap. Maybe you can combine these properties to get an output that is to your liking. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can modify the brightness, contrast, and gamma on the client side, as ArcGISTiledLayer inherits from ImageAdjustmentLayer - ImageAdjustmentLayer QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

You would need to loop through the layers in your Basemap, and apply the values that you want to each of the layers in the Basemap. Maybe you can combine these properties to get an output that is to your liking.