I'm getting an error: Operations Dashboard has stopped working

08-16-2017 01:09 PM
KariLeer
New Contributor II

I'm getting an error on Operations Dashboard from one of my coworkers computers...I do not get this error on any other computer that I've tried using the same login. I thought maybe it was a virtual computer issue but it seems to work on other virtual computers. I just installed Ops Dash and tried to login with his user id...it loads and shows the available maps but once you click on a map to open it, the below error pops up. 

OPERATIONS DASHBOARD HAS STOPPED WORKING

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem...

•   Check online for a solution
  •   Close program

Is this a computer issue or an Ops Dash issue? Any help or trouble shooting ideas are welcome!

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kari,

It's probably an issue because of the virtual machine.  You can adjust the accelerated display settings to mitigate it.  Here's the link on where to go and what to change:

Problem: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS crashes when running on a virtual machine 

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!
Chris

KariLeer
New Contributor II

Thank you Christopher, that did work for one of the machines, but I'm still getting an error for the first machine. It opens up to the home page where you choose which map you want to view and then it crashes upon opening. Not sure why this is happening. 

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Is it just happening with one particular map?  I wonder if there's a data source/ layer in there that could be causing the issue? If you get an error report from Windows on the crash, can you send it?

0 Kudos