ArcMap 10.4.1 - Spatial Analyst toolbox - Focal Statistics - No output

Jump to solution
08-18-2017 01:30 AM
ChrisMan
New Contributor III

I'm running a simple analysis of a raster layer containing discrete elevation values, using the Focal Statistics tool from within the Spatial Analyst toolbox.

Each time I have run the tool it returns an empty output, I have checked through the environment variables however the output is still empty.

I have the results/environment settings as a screenshot below.

Any help appreciated.

(I posted this question in ArcGIS Pro by mistake initially).

ResultsFail

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Duplicate post from here..... 

As suggested there, change the location of the source and destination and ensure both are in the same coordinate system.  mdb's should be replaced with file geodatabases, and the paths need to be shortened and compliant with what is acceptable for working with raster data

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Duplicate post from here..... 

As suggested there, change the location of the source and destination and ensure both are in the same coordinate system.  mdb's should be replaced with file geodatabases, and the paths need to be shortened and compliant with what is acceptable for working with raster data

ChrisMan
New Contributor III

Dan - many thanks. Resolved now.

I shortened the file path, the problem still occurred.

When I changed the output to a File geodatabase with a *.tif output format it ran perfectly.

Many thanks again - one question - is this because the personal geodatabase cannot handle the required output format?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Chris... File geodatabase yes... personal are totally not recommended anymore and I haven't use one for years

BrendanBrady
New Contributor

Dan,

Thanks for this. I scrubbed my catalog of the mdb and everything works. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos