Converting an excel spreadsheet into a map in ArcMap 10.4??

08-20-2017 02:02 PM
AminPinilla
New Contributor

I basically need to show employment level, education level etc etc, in a specific area of the UK, however, in the moment that I try to add the excel sheet in arcmap it gives me an error, and I'm stuck at this stage. So, I attached some file just to give you an idea, I really need it urgently. Also, if I need just an area do I remove the others parts of the sheet (e.g. need bolton, should i remove the other cities etc or just leave them?? If you need any more clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Will really appreciate your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Do you need open excel sheet in Arc GIS or Join it with table in Arc GIS?

about your excel sheet with name( nomis_2017_08_19_194923) it is like a report and it isn't table. so I can answer your question with NO but you should separate each table in Independent sheets

if I need just an area do I remove the others parts of the sheet (e.g. need bolton, should i remove the other cities etc or just leave them??

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The answer to working with excel... try not to, but if you have to, you need to replicate the format of a table as seen in arcmap or ArcGIS pro.  Column headers, no blank rows etc etc.

A good link to start....