Making a backup copy

Jump to solution
08-22-2017 03:57 PM
SallyChudleigh1
New Contributor II

When I use arcgis online assistant to make a backup copy of a story map, it copies over all content apart from photos that you have uploaded. However when you go to edit the copied story map it doesn't allow you to add photos back in. I know you can use some other tools using a pro version but it seems rather costly. Will there by chance be new functionality added at some time in the future to make up backup copy of your storymaps within ArcGIS online? Also I am just wondering if you have an approximate timeframe of when you may release the new shortlist/map tour template you are working on (i.e. September this year or sometime next year?) Thanks again Sally

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sally -- I just tested that workflow and confirmed that you can upload new photos to the copied story. In the copied story just go to the media config panel for each image > Manage > Change Media and you can re-upload the photo. Can you provide a little more information about where you are running into issues with that?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sally -- I just tested that workflow and confirmed that you can upload new photos to the copied story. In the copied story just go to the media config panel for each image > Manage > Change Media and you can re-upload the photo. Can you provide a little more information about where you are running into issues with that?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
SallyChudleigh1
New Contributor II

Thanks Owen.  I am using a hosted shortlist (beta) story map template. How do I get to the media config panel? When I go into builder it just hangs and won't let me reload an image. I did notice that when I inspected the source there is an error message saying that there is a mixed content issue i.e. it is trying to load the images from http and not an https url. However this is where the builder is automatically saving the images to when I upload it. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Sally

error message saying mixed content

0 Kudos