Where is the AGOL Webmap minimum zoom scale setting?

Jump to solution
08-22-2017 12:53 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have a Webmap which will not zoom in past the City scale.  Does anyone know where that value is set?  I've been poking around in the JSON but am not finding it.  I've not seen this issue before nor am I aware of how this would be set through the GUI. 

I tried loading each of the layers into a new map one at a time but that new map zoomed all the way to the Room scale.  I've already build a Web App Builder app around the Webmap so would like to not recreate it. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jim,

Have a look at this post:

Zoom limit in ArcGIS OnLine Map 

It looks like the available zoom levels are determined by the basemap. In Esri basemaps some geographic locations don't have access to the full zoom levels (I've been using AGOL for years and had no idea that was the case).

It also sounds from that thread like you might be able to use an alternate basemap that would enable you to zoom in farther.

Micah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jim,

Have a look at this post:

Zoom limit in ArcGIS OnLine Map 

It looks like the available zoom levels are determined by the basemap. In Esri basemaps some geographic locations don't have access to the full zoom levels (I've been using AGOL for years and had no idea that was the case).

It also sounds from that thread like you might be able to use an alternate basemap that would enable you to zoom in farther.

Micah

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Micah.  I didn't see that post and never noticed that either.  I had tried a different basemap though but I'm thinking I didn't save the map.  Thanks for the help!  -Jim