Invalid Maps in MXD Doctor

08-22-2017 12:03 PM
DavidLehrke
New Contributor III

If I run an MXD with multiple DataFrames through the MXD Doctor it will show a duplicate in the index for each DataFrame except the duplicate will say 'Invalid Map' after treatment (trying both 'Transfer all non broken' and 'PageLayout and Valid Maps') these 'Invalid Maps' are still there and as far as I can tell they don't affect anything.  I'm simply curious what these are or what's causing them.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

David,

The Red tick symbols simply means that your MXD is Recoverable, although not completely

You may refer Using the MXD Doctor utility—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I hope  this helps!

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
DavidLehrke
New Contributor III

That's kinda my point.  Running the Doctor doesn't do anything.  It says it has invalid maps, but in the mxd created after treatment they are still there and it still gives a red check.  Nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

What types of layers do you have in the MXD?

Feature classes, shapefiles, rasters?

~Shan
0 Kudos
DavidLehrke
New Contributor III

Feature Classes, but that's not the issue.  I was able to recreate the issue in a blank mxd with multiple dataframes and no layers.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

Are you saying the issues seems to be with the arcmap installation?

Can you run a small test to confirm if that is the case,

1. Have someone else log in to your machine and check if they are able to replicate the issue. - If they are not able to replicate the issue then the issue might be specific to your user profile.
  2. Log in to a different machine and try to replicate the issue - If it works then it might be a machine specific issue.
  3. https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2121 
  4. if all the above fails i believe you need to log a case with Esri Technical Support and have them take a look.

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray

Any leads on this?  I also get this running ArcMap 10.5.  An mxd with two empty data frames (for testing) and I get the red x too.  Two users on two workstations have the same problem.  Single data frame is ok.

0 Kudos
DavidLehrke
New Contributor III

This communication may contain transmission function information whose disclosure is restricted pursuant to the FERC Standards of Conduct. If you are not authorized under the Standards of Conduct to review this communication, be advised that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, immediately notify the sender and Robert R. Mattiuz, Jr. - Vice President, Compliance & Regulated Services and Chief FERC Compliance Officer by e-mail, and forward the communication to Robert R. Mattiuz, Jr. at rmattiu@firstenergycorp.com.

0 Kudos