3D measurement

Jump to solution
08-28-2017 06:24 PM
JingjingLi
New Contributor II

Does ArcGIS Earth support 3D measurement (e.g. measuring building height in a loaded scene layer from ArcGIS Online)? I am using version 1.6 and found the current measurement tool only works in 2D. Or maybe there is something I missed. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Jing,

ArcGIS Earth 1.6 do not support 3D model measurement yet. But with the measure tool, you can measure terrain elevations for sure. Thanks! 

Guided tour—ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Jing,

ArcGIS Earth 1.6 do not support 3D model measurement yet. But with the measure tool, you can measure terrain elevations for sure. Thanks! 

Guided tour—ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like a 3D height measure like Google Earth, too.

JingjingLi
New Contributor II

Does esri have any plan to add the 3D measurement tool to ArcGIS Earth? Or to Web Scene viewer in ArcGIS Online or portal?

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

We will continuously bring in more useful and interactive tools to ArcGIS Earth in future.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great to hear! And if Esri can use things from Earth too, like how its Table of Contents works, with sublayers activating Parent groups automatically, one click turns on a layer, and also the partial state checkboxes... be used in Desktop/WAB/JS API/AGOL that would be nice..   

0 Kudos