Is it possible to freeze panes or a specific field in Survey 123?

Jump to solution
08-31-2017 07:33 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Just wondering in case I was missing something, but is it possible to freeze a specific field in Survey 123 so that it is always on screen, even while scrolling down your survey?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

That can be accomplished on the mobile app when using the pages display in the field (see Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).  Any group not given a field-list appearance (or question not in a field-list group) will be displayed throughout the survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Michael,

That can be accomplished on the mobile app when using the pages display in the field (see Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).  Any group not given a field-list appearance (or question not in a field-list group) will be displayed throughout the survey.

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Hey James. I tried it out and it's working well. Thanks for your help! Do you know whether or not ESRI will introduce  "swiping" between pages in the future? From what I see, you have to hit the arrow at the bottom of your mobile device to get to the next page and there's no 'back' button except for the dots at the top of the screen. No big deal, it's just a little hard sometimes hitting the dot you want to navigate to.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Michael,

The Survey123 team is planning on enhancing the navigation of pages in Survey123 - what was released was an initial implementation