How can I import a georeferenced Revit/BIM model into a multipatch?

09-11-2017 11:21 AM
KenBurger2
New Contributor

I'm trying to add a Revit/BIM model that was derived from a laser scan into ArcGIS Pro. I understand the 'Import 3D Files' tool is how a supported 3D model file type is imported. I'm having a hard time getting from BIM/Revit to georeferenced multipatch in ArcGIS Pro. 

Trying to avoid moving the model around in ArcGIS Pro and make it more accurate. 

Thank you,

Ken

Tags (4)
3 Replies
MargaretMaher
Esri Contributor

Conversion of Revit/BIM data is supported in IFC format, using the Data Interoperability Extesnion for ArcGIS Desktop as well as ArcGIS Pro.  I highly recommend working with these data files on the local hard drive since IFC files are often very large and complex, and network connectivity issues can interfere with the conversion process.  Trial licenses are available for Esri Extensions, including Data Interop, through Esri Customer Service.

DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Ken, 

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 is able to read a Revit file directly.  After you read the file you can export the data into a FGDB (multipatch) 

David

0 Kudos
halaalmomani1
New Contributor II

hello . how can i read the files on gis pro2.2 i have revit model and i do not know how to import it 

0 Kudos