How to remove header from Story Maps Cascade?

Jump to solution
09-11-2017 08:57 PM
JohanSolberg
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to remove the header that appears when you get into the immersive slides. The title of the story appears inside a black banner at the top, and I can't even change the typeface of it. It would be very helpful to know how I can either remove it or make it transparent.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Johan -- Unfortunately the story map builder does not let you configure the header bar to hide, but we are considering adding that feature in a future release. For now, if you want to hide the header bar in certain situations or change the fonts, you'd have to download the app from GitHub, have a JavaScript developer add that behavior to the app by customizing the code, and host the app yourself.

There's an article here about modifying fonts in Cascade.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Johan -- Unfortunately the story map builder does not let you configure the header bar to hide, but we are considering adding that feature in a future release. For now, if you want to hide the header bar in certain situations or change the fonts, you'd have to download the app from GitHub, have a JavaScript developer add that behavior to the app by customizing the code, and host the app yourself.

There's an article here about modifying fonts in Cascade.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos