Shortlist: Point layer for places does not use the required data template

Jump to solution
09-13-2017 02:55 PM
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

I've recently created a Shortlist where I specified to use the point data "as-is," see below. In other words, I downloaded the required template and configured my data according to this template within a CSV file and then published this CSV as a hosted feature service.

Everything is working great with this feature service and the Shortlist respects the template.

In addition to this template feature service, the web map being referenced by the Shortlist also contains some additional point layers. The point layers are scale dependent. 

While working within Shortlist, I receive the following error when these additional point layers, or reference layers, become visible: "the point layer containing your places does not use the required data template. Please review the requirements of the template."

Is this a bug or is Shortlist truly limited to having only one point layer within a map, even if the additional point layers are solely used for reference? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brittany,

I was able to use the cooney4 account to take a look at your Shortlist.  It is indeed a bug, but we have a fix, and fortunately there will be an update for the app coming this week.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Brittany,

Are you able to share a link to your Shortlist for us to have a look?

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Mark, 

I'm not able to share the app publicly, but I could invite you to our Group. Would this work? 

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Brittany,

Yes, that works for me.  mcooney@esri.com.

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Mark, 

I invited you to a test group. I also noticed some very odd display issues with the description panels when viewing the application over IE: 

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Brittany,

I have not recieved anything for joining the test group, perhaps resend?

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

What's your AGOL username? I see cooney4 and mcooney.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Hi Brittany,

I was able to use the cooney4 account to take a look at your Shortlist.  It is indeed a bug, but we have a fix, and fortunately there will be an update for the app coming this week.

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Mark, 

Good to know and thank you! Just to confirm, the fix you mentioned will address the error that appears whenever there are additional point layers in the map, correct? Did you happen to observe the display issues with I.E.? 

Brittany 

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Brittany,

Correct, the fix is for the error message you are seeing for additional point layers.

We are able to reproduce the display issue you are seeing, but will not be able to spend the time to find a fix as Microsoft's Edge browser is the suggested browser for Windows 10.  IE 11 is meant mostly for viewing backwards compatibility of older IE versions.

Mark

0 Kudos