how to add a "break line" in cascade title

Jump to solution
09-14-2017 06:01 AM
VarvaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

I want to enter a title in cascade story map (http://barbaraantoniou.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=39e3203fc3b14aedb724446238d2b58... ) that has to have 2 different lines. Please advice if that is possible..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Varvara -- Unfortunately that's not possible. Cascade is a responsively designed app, so your story can be read on many different types of devices with different screen sizes. Even though it might look good on your computer, having line breaks in titles can be very bad for readability and provide a bad experience for readers on other screen sizes or devices.

I'm not able to see your story because it is not shared publicly. If you'd like us to take a look please share it with Everyone.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Varvara -- Unfortunately that's not possible. Cascade is a responsively designed app, so your story can be read on many different types of devices with different screen sizes. Even though it might look good on your computer, having line breaks in titles can be very bad for readability and provide a bad experience for readers on other screen sizes or devices.

I'm not able to see your story because it is not shared publicly. If you'd like us to take a look please share it with Everyone.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
VarvaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

Hello Owen. The story map is public. Please have a look.

The title is in Greek and in English. It has to be in two lines because it is not part of the same sentence.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, I can see the story now; thanks for sharing it.

You aren't using the subtitle field on the cover. What if you used the title for Greek and the subtitle for the English? Also, you probably only need to include the date once, so that would simplify things a bit.

Title : Σεισμός Λέσβου 12/6/2017 

Subtitle: Lesvos Earthquake 

Owen Evans
VarvaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

That is a very nice advice. Thanks a lot!