License Server Status: NOT RUNNING

Jump to solution
09-13-2017 12:40 PM
DarrenYoung
New Contributor II

I am moving the ArcGIS Desktop program and the License Server program from an old PC to a new PC. I have successfully authorized my ArcGIS Desktop but when I try to start the license service in my License Server Administrator, either nothing happens or I get a pop-up window from ESRI.exe that says: "The Sentinel SuperPro Driver is not installed on this system."

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenYoung
New Contributor II

The issue has been resolved. When I first authorized the license, I selected "Authorize with Esri now using the Internet" which resulted in the issue. I fixed it by de-authorizing the license, then I authorized it by selecting "Authorize by email to receive authorization file". Then I saved the authorization file to my computer and in license manager I selected "I have received an authorization file and am now ready to finish the process.". And this started the License Service for me. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you provide more details on the version of ArcGIS Desktop and the version of the Windows Operating System of the new machine? 

Also screenshots of the issue would be helpful.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just to double check, your Desktop license is a concurrent use license, or a single user.  If single user, you will not need the license manager software.  If concurrent, what version of the license manager are you using?  Is it installed locally or on a network drive?

If concurrent, did you follow the install instructions for the version you are using, e.g.

License manager installation and startup—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

You will also need a compatible authorization file for the version of software you are using.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This error is linked with ArcGIS 9.3.x or prior which, I suspect, has been installed in this case.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are installing ArcGIS 9.x or prior, could you install the latest appropriate driver for Sentinel Safe key from Sentinel Drivers| SafeNet 

Think Location
0 Kudos
DarrenYoung
New Contributor II

I am using version 10.4.1 on a Windows 7 machine. I have attached a picture of the message I’m getting. It would not let me take a screenshot so I took a picture with my phone.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you download the latest LM version from you myesri page?  I would recommend using the latest (10.5.x) and there is a security patch that would be good too apply too (although I can't find the link right now).   Also, make sure you are using the correct authorization file for 10.4.x which you should also be able to get from myesri.

0 Kudos
DarrenYoung
New Contributor II

On the MyESRI Download page, What’s the difference between “ArcGIS for Desktop” and “ArcGIS Desktop”?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The version.  Seems like the name changes every couple of years.

ArcGIS Desktop is 10.4.x and prior (down to 10.1 I think)  10.5.0+

ArcGIS for Desktop is 10.5.0+ 10.4.x and prior (down to 10.1 I think)

Corrected per Jayanta Poddar‌ 's catch.  I looked, but then typoe'd (ugh).  You can see this info on the download page in the version pulldown list btw.

(geonet burped...hope this edit makes in thru this time)

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It should be the opposite. 

ArcGIS Desktop is 10.5 and later

ArcGIS for Desktop is 10.4.x and prior.

Think Location