Change default layer in operations dashboard web map

09-14-2017 01:36 PM
Henry_Todd
New Contributor III

The web map that I'm using to build my dashboard has multiple layers.  When I load the dashboard it uses the layers that were turned on when saved as the default display layers.  For this dashboard, I want to display a different layer in the web map as the default. I can add the layer to the layer selection, but then I have to change the layer whenever the dashboard.  I would prefer to not save a new web map with that as the default layer as the workaround.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Todd,

There isn't a way to set this up because it's controlled by the webmap properties. When you save your operations view, it's stored in the org as an view. The view item does not have the ability to store that kind of information...

As we are gearing up for the next version of Operations Dashboard, this might be something that we could look into, but only if the dashboard item properties (or similar) would allow it.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Henry_Todd
New Contributor III

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll go ahead and post an idea. Since you can determine which layers are able to be controlled within the dashboard, perhaps an option for visible by default could be possible.

TODD HENRY

SR. TECHNICAL MANAGER, REAL ESTATE MARKET RESEARCH

345 Court Street l Coraopolis, PA 15108

todd.henry@dcsg.com<mailto:todd.henry@dcsg.com> l o: 724-273-4026 l m: 412-522-3269

0 Kudos
Henry_Todd
New Contributor III

Chris,

I just got off the phone with Matt from ESRI support and the issue is related to a bug in ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 that is now fixed and not an issue with Operations Dashboard.

TODD HENRY

SR. TECHNICAL MANAGER, REAL ESTATE MARKET RESEARCH

345 Court Street l Coraopolis, PA 15108

todd.henry@dcsg.com<mailto:todd.henry@dcsg.com> l o: 724-273-4026 l m: 412-522-3269

JulienRobertCSL
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to do something similar: have two dashboards with different default visible layers based on the same webmap. Can you advise how you were able to do this without duplicating the underlying webmap?

Thank you

bwizeMARC
New Contributor

I'm also interested in this functionality. We have a number of dashboards compiled in an Experience Builder, but each dashboard has to run off it's each web map, which creates a lot of duplication. The ability to toggle default layers would be hugely beneficial--- the kind of functionality in a StoryMap where you can edit a map in place to show a different default view/layer.