Web Map issue

Jump to solution
09-15-2017 08:22 AM
ReidWebb
New Contributor III

Hi! I have a web map issue that I cannot figure out. I have a MXD that I have published as a single feature mapping service that contains 10 or so different SDE layers. This feature mapping service is used in a web map. Everything was working great until I tried re-ordering some of the layers in the feature mapping service. The feature mapping service itself updated correctly. My issue is that now my web map that uses this feature mapping service is not picking up this change and now the web map queries the wrong attribute table when you click/query a feature in the web map. 

How can I fix the web map's internal pointers to the layers in the feature mapping service? Simply dragging them up and down in the web map doesn't fix the attribute table problem. I don't want to delete and recreate the web map because I will lose all the custom filters, popups, visibility scales, etc. that I have built into the web map.

I tried deleting and recreating the feature mapping service- didn't help.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Should be able to use the https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ tool to reorder the layers in your web map.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Should be able to use the https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ tool to reorder the layers in your web map.

ReidWebb
New Contributor III

Thank you so much, Randall! The ArcGIS Online Assistant is exactly what I needed. I was surprised it worked since our Portal is behind a firewall but it did. I had to use to AOA tool that allows you to directly edit the JSON config file in order for the layer ref numbers to actually "stick". They REALLY didn't want to change!

Thanks again for the help! This tool is a life-saver!

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

can you share a picture of where you see the layer ref. number in the JSON config?

is it like layer(0) layer(1) etc...? 

0 Kudos