Allow users to add comments in Story Maps or Web Maps

Jump to solution
09-15-2017 12:00 PM
BrianLedder1
New Contributor

I am creating a story map to display the status of water supply tanks for a community in Jamaica. I have a web map with point locations of each tank and I'd like to allow users to leave comments under each one. It doesn't seem like the functionality for leaving comments is available in Story Maps or in Web Maps unless I am not able to find it. Is there a way to allow users to leave comments? I've looked at the "crowdsoucred" template but I want users to leave comments under already existing points, not have a point created for each comment.  

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brian,

Have a look at the Crowdsource Polling app: Crowdsource Polling | ArcGIS for Local Government .  You could create one of these and embed in a Story Map.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Brian,

Have a look at the Crowdsource Polling app: Crowdsource Polling | ArcGIS for Local Government .  You could create one of these and embed in a Story Map.

Mark

BrianLedder1
New Contributor

Thanks! It looks like that will be a good option. But now I have a follow up question. 

I imported my web map with two point file feature layers and I see under the options tab I need to select a "polling feature layer". But this is greyed out and I cannot select anything. 

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

I am not actually very familiar with that app, you may have better luck asking here: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline 

0 Kudos
BrianLedder1
New Contributor

Ok, Thank you

0 Kudos