HardCode Filters Enabled by Default

09-18-2017 10:42 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way perhaps a URL Parameter or inside the JSON file to enable all the filters within the dashboard?

I created a filter for about each 20+ layers and asking the end user to enable all of them every time to open the dashboard is not very desireable. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherOlsen

Which filter do you have to enable everytime? The map toolbar, or something else? By default, the map tools filter will show all features:

Also, you can set a filter as a data source within a widget (bar chart, summary, etc) and this should not need to be changed once the view is saved.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I have filters in the toolbar, by default it shows everything. I want to apply my custom filter by default (my time query filter) and its like 20+ filters (one filter per a layer) and its very cumbersome to ask my managers to check each one every time they load the dashboard. (browser dashboard). 

Is there a better way to do this? 

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

There isn't a way to do this within the map tool, but keep in mind, the filters on here are purely visual and do not influence other widgets (unless you are using map extent as a data source).

One thing that came to mind would be creating a different dashboard for each of them, with only the relevant information each would need for their area/KPI. You could organize them into a map series with each on separate tab.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

How about grouping all the filters into one so I only need to check one box rather than 20+

0 Kudos