Can't modify map elements in ArcGIS Pro layout

09-19-2017 03:33 AM
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

Hi. Another issue with Pro ;D

I created a layout in Pro which consists of many rectangles, text boxes, a few light weight image files, a simple legend, two circles... It's not too complicated...

I saved the project, saved the layout as a layout File as a back up. However, on re-opening the project one day, the layout is still there but I can't change any of the elements...

All I get to change is the Map Frame and one single rectangle (which acts as a page border in this case). I haven't hidden or locked the other elements (don't think you can hide them anyway...). So where are my elements/graphics in the contents pane???

-Also none of the elements (apart from the border ectangle) are clickable on the page...

-Drawing a new rectangle works as intended and it will appear on the contents pane as expected.

I've numbered all the elements and graphics below... Where are they in the contents pane? (drawing order or element type both don't have them)

Thanks,

Theo

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TheodoreF

All sorted through ESRI now. Turns out the image files were causing issues with the layout. Images have been sent in for investigation!

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Did you end up getting this fixed? I am having the same issue on Pro 2.1.2

0 Kudos
TheodoreF

Yes, it was an issue with the PNG images I used in the layout. I think the images were grouped, and that was causing issues. Recreating the layout without the images should work.

Add the images in later, from a local source (ie. hard drive, not cloud).

Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

I was hoping you found a solution without redoing the layout
For me, I had grouped a bunch of textboxes together and they seemed to become corrupt. When I tried to ungroup them, Pro crashed and when I opened it back up, most of my layout had become corrupt.

Thanks anyways

TheodoreF

If it's still an issue, I could message you the email of the ESRI tech who helped me. I sent him my packaged project (pagx) for him to analyse and he saw an error in the XML code.

Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Will do. Thanks mate

0 Kudos