ArcGIS misbehaving on operations.

09-19-2017 10:54 PM
InderChauhan1
New Contributor

Hello Team, I am Using ArcGIS ArcMap 10.4.1, we are facing a serious problem. If we leave ArcMap or any ArcGIS product idle / open for 5 minutes and then perform any operation using any tool, it will show the operation successful message instantly and didn't performed actually. Suppose i loaded a *.tiff, then after 5 idle minutes i performed resampling / clipping or any operation, it didn't happened but showed success message. In this case we have to close and restart and do it again. This is creating problem with every operation, Please look into the matter and provide the solution ASAP.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=9cd42d20-984f-4e57-b0f7-18f20...

I‌ myself don't know enough about the technical side of Desktop to know what would be causing this issue but I would recommend reaching out to ESRI technical support and other desktop specific groups. This community is full of very experienced folks who are incredibly kind. 

Best of luck, My apologies for not being more help. I am still learning myself.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A better way to get tech support on your specific issue would be to contact tech support and submit a ticket.  Although some esri staff do monitor and respond to posts when they can, it is mostly monitored and responded by other users.

With that said, to me it sounds like an issue with losing a connection to either a license (although that is usually a specific error) or maybe some computer or network resource.  Why it would say it complete and not give you an error is a bit perplexing to me, but strange things do happen sometimes.

You mentioned that you are using ArcMap 10.4.x. 

- what platform are you using...i.e. local machine only?  or Citrix Desktop etc?  

....what operating system?

- do you have any/all the patches installed?

- did this just start happening or has it been a long term issue?  Did you recently upgrade the software?

- where is the data you are accessing and processing....local or on a network drive?

These are a few of the questions that might help someone trying to help.  Also, with you posting in the "Ohio GIS" group, only they would see it.  But as Tifanny shows, you can tag other groups with an @ and the group/space name to get more exposure and possibly more answers.

just an fyi https://community.esri.com/community/help-and-feedback/blog/2016/08/15/community-news-and-tips-how-t...