Basemap Does Not Display on Exported Infographic

Jump to solution
09-19-2017 08:30 AM
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III

When I add a map as part of a custom infographic it displays in-browser, but on export to .pdf the basemap is missing and makes that panel unusable (no frame of reference) : 

Any ideas? I've tried Chrome and Edge.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulStephenson

Support is still checking on a couple of things for this yet but what we think we've found is that the ArcGIS Online organization tied to the account had a custom set of basemaps which was made up of vector basemaps as opposed to the ESRI default basemaps. The issue seems to be related to at least some of those non-default basemaps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Paul,

Thanks!

Can I please get more details on your infographic report to better address your issue.

1. Which area/ country are you running the infographic for? Washington, IL, USA

2. What basemap are you using in your infographics?

3. Do you see the issue with exported PDF only ? Does the basemap show up fine when exporting the infographics to Image and Dynamic HTML.

Thanks

Business Analyst Team.

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson

Thanks for the response Anna, below are answers to your questions:

1. Yes, Washington, IL

2. I tried at least Topographic and Light Gray base maps

3. Same problem with Image, but had not tried Dynamic HTML

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the additional details.

Based on the information provided, I tried to reproduce the issue using Topographic and Light grey canvas and my exported infographics (PDF, Image and Dynamic HTML) came back fine displaying basemaps. 

Could you please provide me with reproducible steps? 

Thanks

Business Analyst Team

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson

Anna,

I ran some additional tests from a separate location, PC and even Firefox to see if there was any difference, but was getting the same result initially. I thought it could possibly have someting to do with the infographic being custom - but the map within the Demographic Summary infographic template (Dark Gray basemap) also would not appear on export.

I would however like to revise my answer to number 2 above as I realized the infographic did not depend on the map viewer. When I modified the custom infographic to display either Topographic or Imagery Hybrid basemaps they "stuck" on an export.

So it seems that some basemaps have no issue but some do (including Light & Dark Grey) from what I'm seeing. Luckily in my case credits are not a concern so I can burn them on incomplete exports, but I can see it being a concern for some users.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paul,

Based on your comment above, I also requested couple of my other team members to try the scenario and they were unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. 

At this point of time, my only suggestion would be to contact support. They will work with you to investigate this further.

Thanks again,

Business Analyst Team

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson

Will do Anna, thanks again for checking into this. I'll try to get with support later this week and will post the results.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Paul, please keep us posted on the results.

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson

Support is still checking on a couple of things for this yet but what we think we've found is that the ArcGIS Online organization tied to the account had a custom set of basemaps which was made up of vector basemaps as opposed to the ESRI default basemaps. The issue seems to be related to at least some of those non-default basemaps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, so it is the vector basemaps causing the issue. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Kudos