Mimic Attribute Assistant Intersect method?

09-20-2017 08:48 AM
Labels (1)
BrianHickinbotham1
New Contributor II

I've seen that using tools from Attribute Assistant in Web App Builder isn't supported, so I'd like to find another solution.  The Intersect method of Attribute Assistant is really what I need to replicate. All methods - Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions .  It copies a value from an intersecting feature in the specified layer.

I want to use an editor tool to create new points on the map, and an attribute field populated with a corresponding value from an intersecting polygon.  Example: Map displays Congressional Districts and I would like users to create new Projects (points) that get auto-populated with the Congressional District value, for which they are placed.

I can do this easily with Attribute Assistant in an mxd.  When I published as a feature service, the congressional district values do not get populated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

This is a relatively easy process for an experienced developer. You would just get the intersecting polygon using a Query and QueryTask using the new point as the geometry for the Query and the intersects spatial relationship property. Then you would take the results of the queryTask and get the attributes and use the FeatureLayer.ApplyEdits method to add the attributes to the point.

BrianHickinbotham1
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert.

That's probably my first problem, because I am not an experienced developer, if a developer at all.  This is my first real attempt to extend any of the available web app builder widgets.  We just started using WAB developer for the additional widgets and to add in the custom widgets that you and others have created.  I'll look for some information on the steps you listed above.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

I not sure which widget you would want to try extending for this functionality as it is more of a complete custom widget workflow. Take a look at the Create a custom in-panel widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developer... 

as a starting point for the basic widget template portion of your widget.

BrianHickinbotham1
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert, I'll take a look at that.  

0 Kudos