GNSS Status App v.3 Causes Collector v.17 to Crash

09-20-2017 12:35 PM
CharliePhilbrick1
New Contributor III

Here's our setup:

• Trimble R1 receiver
  • Various iOS devices running 10.3.3
  • [Trimble] GNSS Status App (was 2.x, trouble started with update to 3.0.0.325)
  • Collector for ArcGIS (17.0.2, Build 1807)

And the workflow:

1. Pair R1 with iOS device via bluetooth
  2. Use GNSS Status app to set R1 receiver as 'position source'
  3. Use GNSS Status app to set differential correction services
    • Primary: RTX (Any) [i.e. RTX via satellite or internet connection]
    • Secondary: SBAS
  4. In Collector app set Location Provider to the R1
  5. In Collector app set Location Profile to handle the datum transformation between the R1 and the map's different coordinate systems
    1. I'm using <GCS ITRF 2008> for the R1's coordinate system and <GCS WGS 1984> for the Map's coordinate system
    2. The Datum Transformation is set to <ITRF_2008_To_NAD_1983_2011 + WGS_1984_(ITRF00)_to_NAD_1983_2011>
  6. Open map in Collector to begin collecting aaaaand 
  7. Collector app crashes
    1. it doesn't actually crash, the screen flashes black and then returns to the home screen. If one opens the app switcher, the Collector app is still there and apparently running. I just can't use it.

I suspect the issue here has to do with step number 5, though the only bit of evidence I can offer is that if I set the Location profile to <Default> and then open the map, sometimes instead of crashing, the Collector app throws an error message saying 'Incorrect Location Profile. The map uses a different coordinate system thatnt he location profile. You can change this in Settings'. Maybe the inclusion of the differential correction service(s) means I need to adjust the receiver's coordinate system? I'm kind of at a loss.

Anybody else experiencing this? Care to offer a solution? 

Thanks, 

Charlie

#trimble r1#collector 17#high accuracy gps

2 Replies
IsaíasRodríguez
New Contributor

Have you fix it? I have the same issue when i create my profile.

0 Kudos
ScottBrooks
New Contributor

Charlie, did you ever figure this out?

I had a similar issue making peace between collector and the GNSS Status Utility App. I solved my problem by understanding the new workflow as necessitated by the new version of collector while using an R1 (or other Trimble equipment for that matter). When using the newer collector(not classic) you cannot run the GNSS status app at the same time. The two apps will compete for the same COMM port on your tablet/phone/etc and the positional accuracy and source will revert to "location services" in the status utility app. The only time you need to open the Status app is when setting up a device for the first time. 

This is a change in workflow from Classic Collector. When running Classic Collector you need to have the Trimble GNSS Status Utility app running simultaneously with Classic Collector, otherwise the apps wont talk. 

~Scott B.

0 Kudos