Why does the ESRI visual fail to locate different features each time it loads?

Jump to solution
09-20-2017 04:57 AM
AntonStam
New Contributor

I encountered a weird problem while using the ESRI visual in PowerBI. I am trying to build a dashboard with a map of the Netherlands, plotting information on ZIP-code areas. These ZIP codes are 4-digit codes, and ESRI recognizes them as "Postcode4". I have a dataset with about 3,500 of these areas. However, when the visual element is loading, it will not be able to locate all features. The number of features it fails to locate is different every time, and also the specific areas that don't render are different every time.

Now I know that plotting 3,500 areas might be a lot, but I am confident that PowerBI could handle it if the visual would load correctly. So my question is, why does this happen and is there any way I could solve this issue?

I've attached a simple dashboard with a minimal dataset that exhibits the issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anton - the bug causing the seemingly random failures has been fixed. Please let me know if you continue to experience the issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Anton - thanks for passing that dataset over to us. I've confirmed that I can reproduce the problem and that you seem to have set up the visual correctly. I've passed this issue to our product development team so they can take a look and see what might be going on. We'll respond back here when we figure it out!

ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Quick update for you - our engineering team has confirmed this is a bug and we've logged it. As soon as we can find a fix we will include it in a future release. Thanks for letting us know about this issue!

AntonStam
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick replies! I hope you manage to find a fix soon.

0 Kudos
ScottBall
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anton - the bug causing the seemingly random failures has been fixed. Please let me know if you continue to experience the issue. Thanks!