Park and Recreation Locator: Activity Layer is not configured

09-21-2017 04:15 PM
Labels (1)
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Anytime I try to search for an activity, I receive an error that states "activity layer is not configured." I checked in the config.js file and for the "ActivitySearchSettings," Enable is set to true. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Are the other configuration parameters also configured? Can you share a URL to your app?

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Allison, 

Thanks for the reply. Could you please clarify what you mean about the other parameters? And unfortunately, this app is internal only at the moment.

I reached out to Matt Taraldsen and Mike Bialousz and provided the config.js file as well as a couple of other things. They are currently looking into the issue. 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hi Brittany,

You will need to point the app at your own web map by updating the webmap id, and if your layer schema is at all different than the one that is provided you will need to verify that the field names specified in the activity settings section match exactly what is in your data. I believe that the Title parameter in that section must also match the name of your activities layer in the webmap.

It is hard to guess at what might be tripping the app up without seeing it, so I'll leave you in Matt & Mike's hands to troubleshoot further 

-Allison

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Allison, 

I have checked that the webmap ID and the field names match those of my layer. Does the order matter? In other words, I have alphabetized the order of the fields in the config.js file whereas they are not alphabetized on the actual feature class or within the map service or web map. 

Also, you might be on to something! The Title parameter did not match the name of the activities layer so I updated it. I no longer receive the "activity layer not configured error," now it just doesn't do anything when hitting Go.  

Brittany 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

I don't believe the order should matter. Are there any error messages in the browser console? (F12 in most browsers)

BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Hi Alison, 

I used Chrome's developer tools as well as Fiddler and it looks like its not even sending a request to the service. 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hmmmm....I'm running out of ideas without being able to see your app myself. Try reaching out to Esri Support. They can set up a screenshare so that they can see what's going on for themselves. That would be the most efficient way to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
BrittanyMcKnight1
New Contributor III

Sounds good. Thanks Allison! 

0 Kudos
HeatherEisan
Esri Contributor

In January 2018, the Park Locator application has been replaced by a new Web AppBuilder configuration.

Park Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government 

The version referenced in this post has been moved into mature support.

Heather

0 Kudos