Survey123: Area not populated by pulldata on Android

09-21-2017 06:26 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

One of our clients has following problem: 

He opens a survey from collector and fills automatically a couple of fields by pulldata. On Windows and iPhone this works like a charm but not when opening the survey on his Android tablet. Unfortunately I don't have an Android device at hand to test it myself. Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

This is not a known issue at this time and I'm not replicating this issue (Open in Collector > Survey123 w/ pulldata function) on my test Android device.  Can you provide more information on the device/AndroidOS version being used?

FlorentBigirimana
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I am the one having the problem with Android device. The device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 8 (SM T719) running android 7.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Florent,

Could you share your survey to see if I can replicate the behavior?

0 Kudos
FlorentBigirimana
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback.  I have shared my survey with you.

Best

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Florent,

How was the survey shared?  I'm not seeing a group invite in my main ArcGIS account (jtedrick_survey123)

0 Kudos
FlorentBigirimana
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I was a little bit confused but I think now I did. I have created a group in our organisation, sent you an invitation then shared with the group the form in Survey123 and the map we are using in Collector.

Best 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Florent, Nicole,

Just to confirm what I'm seeing in this form, the issue is with the questions that follow the geopoint question, yes?

It looks like there's a 0 padding the 10's place in your location identifiers in the CSV file, so you're not getting an exact match with the text you're calculating.

0 Kudos
FlorentBigirimana
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Sorry for responding later, the issue is on variable "q_2_3" , with "2.3 Plot size (m2)" as label. This was hidden then I made it decimal to make it appearing on the form.

Best

0 Kudos