Publishing Failure: Error Code 499

Jump to solution
09-22-2017 01:34 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

I am trying to publish a form with a very large number of cascading select records (over 12,000) and receive this error when I attempt to publish. I have all the records in the choices tab because apparently there is a bug in the external_choices functionality that does not display/record integer values properly. See attached. Note that the form has the same name as the error code. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi bob,

For that many choices, use the external select configuration - that offloads the choices from the form to another file and can be processed more efficiently. Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi bob,

For that many choices, use the external select configuration - that offloads the choices from the form to another file and can be processed more efficiently. Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Recall that a couple of weeks ago I posed the question of integers being displayed with 1 decimal point when I used an external select. You responded that it was a known bug, so I went back to the regular select. Did I understand your response to that correctly?

Bob

JamesTedrick

Yes, you understood my response correctly on that. 

To work around both, you can change the number values in excel to numbers stored as text - this essentially presets the values to look like what the application expects. 

I did this with your survey- to do on other surveys, use the TEXT(<cell>, "0.0") Excel function to format the the number as text, copy it as values to change from a function to text, and then copy over the original values.

bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

That worked. Thanks. again.

Bob