Publishing Soil map using borehole data

09-25-2017 08:56 PM
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

I have around 40000 borehole data with soil classification in certain depths. My scope of the project is to create soil map by interpolate all the borehole data's and create the soil map and publish the same in the web (3D) . My idea is to create TIN and publish the TIN in ArcGIS server is it correct technique? and how to publish the TIN in ArcGIS server?. Kindly let me know how to proceed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the version of ArcGIS Desktop/Server you are working on? Do you also have ArcGIS Pro/ Portal for ArcGIS?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi,

ArcGIS server version 10.4. I understand that ArcGIS Pro/ Portal is needed to publish . My primary doubt is that whether I can publish TIN format in ArcGIS server straight away?.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. TIN layers are supported.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I need to create .sxd file (ArcScene document) to publish in ArcGIS server am I right?. Because TIN layer is not supported in MXD.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could work with ArcGIS Pro and Portal for ArcGIS (with ArcGIS Data Store). Get started with scenes and 3D data—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

or

You could author ArcScene document (.sxd), and use Export To 3D Web Scene—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop to convert to Esri CityEngine Web Scene (.3ws) format. Then you could upload it to Portal for ArcGIS. 

or

If you are looking to publish 3D Globe Service, then check Publishing a globe service—Help | ArcGIS Desktop. You need to create Globe Document(.3dd) in this case. 

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayakumarKamalakkannan
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply let me check.

0 Kudos