Removing USER from WORKFORCE to see workers on USERS tab

09-25-2017 01:03 PM
Cespedes_Luis__ITD_
New Contributor II

I found this link as an answer to my problem

https://community.esri.com/thread/200494-cant-see-users-in-workforce-configure-tab 

The issue is that I cant delete the user because there is the assignment table related to the user.

I tried adding the users back but that did not fix the problem.

Can someone walk me through the process to see which user is missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Luis,

You mention the user has assignments related to them - what are their status values?

Craig

0 Kudos
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

I have the same issue as well. I deleted a user from my organization and the User tab turned blank until I deleted the Worker feature layer. The User tab is back once the user is delete from the layer. I need to delete Users as well, what is the best way of doing it? The status is completed for all the assignments that the user has. It still says Active in User tab. How can I delete users and without deleting the user names in Assignment feature layer? I need to keep records of who completed the work even though he/she has left the Organization. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Elle H wrote:

How can I delete users and without deleting the user names in Assignment feature layer? I need to keep records of who completed the work even though he/she has left the Organization. 

Hi Elle, this is not possible with the current released version of Workforce; we have a fix for the User tab crashing/not displaying that will be available in our next update, which we are finishing development on and will be moving into certification.

When this update is available, Workforce will recognize when a worker or dispatcher is referencing a named user that is no longer in your organization and will notify you of the issue.

Your request to be able to maintain a record of who performed the work, even after they've left the organization, will only be partially fulfilled with this update.  We have an issue in our backlog to provide better support for this workflow, but we have not assigned that issue to a release.

Craig

0 Kudos
Cespedes_Luis__ITD_
New Contributor II

Hello Elle, Craig,

Thanks for responding. We decided to follow the instructions on the link I provided in my original question.

We added back the users that were deleted using the same userid. We were able to get the user ID from the workers hosted layer and add them back into AGOL. The user id must match the original.

Once we did that, we were able to see the USERS tab content. We have found that instead of deleting accounts for users that no longer work with AGOL or our institution, we should disable them at the AGOL level. This prevents them from logging in but still preserve the connection between AGOL and WorkForce.

Its a workaround for now unless there is something better or a fix is included on future updates.

Thanks for your help Craig.

Luis

0 Kudos
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Craig Gillgrass

I guess transferring the data to another feature class with solve it. Copy Assignments To Feature Service will be very useful here. 

0 Kudos