2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 5:27 AM by WMortimer

LAGS 84 projection

joepun
      We're trying to project a Stateplane NAD 83 shapefile to a projection called LAGS 84 for the Navy. Anyone know what LAGS 84 is? Can't seem to find it on the toolbox or even in the Google world. I'm thinking it's WGS 84 but not sure. Thanks.
        • Re: LAGS 84 projection
          MKennedy-esristaff
          We're trying to project a Stateplane NAD 83 shapefile to a projection called LAGS 84 for the Navy. Anyone know what LAGS 84 is? Can't seem to find it on the toolbox or even in the Google world. I'm thinking it's WGS 84 but not sure. Thanks.

I haven't heard of it either. All I can think of, is something like LA GS 84, where the GS84 is WGS84. Could the LA be for Louisiana or Los Angeles? I know of MGRS, GARS, and GEOREF. I just looked at the GEOTRANS software and didn't see anything. I think you're going to have to ask them to explain it. You can tell them the Esri coordinate systems expert couldn't figure it out, and I've been doing this for 15 years!

Melita
          • Re: LAGS 84 projection
            WMortimer
            Just Brainstorming here but could the 'LA' be a reference to Lambert azimuthal?