API and DOD Client Certificates

02-24-2011 05:17 AM
ZacOdom
New Contributor
Hi All,

We have an ArcGIS Server providing REST endpoints behind a reverse proxy.  We're protecting the rest endpoint and out put directories by requesting a client certificate (DOD CAC) for access.  We're also providing a permissive crossdomain.xml file which is also protected by requiring a client cert. 

We can access everything (service endpoint and crossdomain.xml) after being prompted for and providing a client cert.  We can also access the service via a JavaScript API viewer.

The problem comes in when we try to access the service via FLEX.  We get a sandbox violation when trying to access the service (Error #2048).  We never get prompted for the client cert.  The error looks to me (ex-.NET dev, current manager type) to come from the ESRI api versus the application code.

We did a traffic trace and it looks like FLEX is choking on the "REQUESTCERTIFICATE" piece that the server sends to the client.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Try not requiring the cert for the crossdomain.xml
0 Kudos
ChristinaMcCullough
New Contributor III

Was this question answered?  I am having a problem consuming services that are,  CAC enabled in my Flex Viewer.  We are migrating to a JavaScript viewer, However, our Flex Viewer is very complex , therefore, it will take some time to replicate the application. 

0 Kudos