Extract Values To Points problem

03-01-2011 05:18 AM
MikeSieminski
New Contributor
Hello,

In ArcGIS 10, tool Spatial Analyst > Extraction > Extract Values to Points works when the output is written to a file geodatabase but fails when written to a personal geodatabase. I've recently upgraded to ArcGIS 10 and have installed service pack 1. This tool works on another machine in 9.3 with the same feature class and raster as I/P, also failed with ArcGIS 10 trial version. Anyone having similar issues?

Thanks for your help,
Mike
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PatrickTaurman
Occasional Contributor III
Mike,

What errors are you getting?

Patrick
0 Kudos
MikeSieminski
New Contributor
Hi Patrick,

The first error is '999999' - error executing function, then (DAO Recordset) No current record, error 010067: error in executing grid expression. Assignment to non-variable and lastly a failed to execute message.

Thanks,
mike
0 Kudos
PatrickTaurman
Occasional Contributor III
It looks like you are running into the following NIM:

NIM061557 Using Extract Values to Points tool in spatial analyst toolbox, when the output is set to be a personal geodatabase, two error messages come out and the tool cannot be executed.

As you have found, the workaround is to use file geodatabase, or you can also use shapefile.  This issue appears to be addressed at Service Pack 2 for ArcGIS 10.

Patrick
0 Kudos
MikeSieminski
New Contributor
Thanks Patrick. Appreciate the help.
mike
0 Kudos
WayneCoffey1
New Contributor II
Thanks Patrick. Appreciate the help.
mike

I'm working with SP5 and still having same issue. Working on re-formating Coordinate sys, data extent and file types.
0 Kudos
JenniferKrstolic
New Contributor
I am having the same problem with the extract values to points, attempting to write the output into a personal geodatabase.  Has this ever been fixed?  It works with a File geodatabase.  But my older data is stored in personal and I would perfer to keep all the data together.  Thank you,
--Jennifer
0 Kudos