network analyst - extremely slow to load origins - od cost matrix

03-03-2011 01:24 PM
JacobGrinsted
New Contributor
hi
when loading origins in od-cost maxtrix arcgis 10, sp1 is extremely slow... it takes around 1 sec to load 10 out of eg 20000...
before sp1 i had done many calculations and it never took that long to load into origins, and i might also had taken bigger chunks, like 1000 instead of 10....

is there any way to speed this process up????

arcgis 9.3 also performs better........

it's the same PC, just with 6 gb ram instead of 4....
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Check if you have a spatial index on your street feature class on which you are loading the locations.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JacobGrinsted
New Contributor
yes.... spatial index is on....  🙂
0 Kudos
JacobGrinsted
New Contributor
its the same data i used before actually....
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
There is nothing in SP1 that affects the load times. Can you make sure your spatial index is up to date? Perhaps re-create it? if that does not help then I will suggest that you contact tech support so that they can get your data and see what caued it to slow down.
Regards,
Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
JacobGrinsted
New Contributor
I actually just found out what caused the slow process - my anti-virus program...
i went through all the changes i've med since i reinstalled win+arcmap etc.. and i had installed a new antivirus... which automatically scans files - when writing.... disabeled that... and...
SUCCES!!

Back to full speed   🙂

//G
0 Kudos
ChantaleCarrier
New Contributor

I experimented problems too with antivirus. I tried AVG and Sophos with Network Analyst.

I had loading, editing,  saving, solving and building problems, one after an other. I tried doing exclusions

on my ArcGIS files and I had problems too.

After I desinstalled them off at all, no problems !!!

Really a big problem from network analyst!

ESRI developpers must look for it!

0 Kudos