Workflow Manager Post Installation

01-25-2010 03:23 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Where is this located?  I cannot seem to find it on my Start menu?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
I had to do a reinstall.  First time through it did not install.
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

We found an issue with the server install that causes the desktop install to get removed after installation. We were able to track this issue to the support information displayed on the add remove program. There are two conflicting version numbers - the server install sees this an old install of the Workflow Manager desktop and removes it during installation. Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
A re-installation of the workflow manager desktop will fix this.

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
BartHound
New Contributor
Ok, that is the process that I did, I did a desktop install first, then a server install, then went to use the desktop components, and realized, something happened, so, cool, I thought maybe I did it wrong, but this is good to know.  I thought I should post it but just went back and did the re install.  Thanks again,
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
I am glad you posted something because I was going to post it as a known issue. We just found this issue on Monday during our holistic testing exercise.  I hope others can use this post as reference if they encounter this same problem.

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
See Holistic testing is great.  Yes, hopefully everyone will note this.  Sorry about the different names, one is for work, and the other is at home for the most part (incognito).
0 Kudos
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor
Ik had the same WMX Desktop installation followed by WMX Server installation issue. I noticed that the WMX Desktop & Server connections were gone. So I did a reinstall of WMX Desktop and the connections appear again in ArcCatalog. However, when I try to connect to my WMX database in the Workflow Manager Administrator I get en error "Error opening Object 'Database WMXDatabase (default)" - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I receive the same error when I try to create a new connection.

Marc
0 Kudos
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor
Small update. I managed to get WMX working again after de-installing both WMX Desktop and Server, dropping the JTX schema, and then installing them again in the order WMS Server first, followed by WMX Desktop and post-installation. I lost all my configured workflows by dropping the JTX Schema but everything is in good working order again.

Marc
0 Kudos