This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Is the objective to always create facing pages? In other words, every other page will show business data labels and the adjacent page will show zip code labels. If so, I could go two different ways.
1) 2 Data Driven Pages MXDs and arcpy.mapping to append the pages together.
- One MXD would have all your business labels presented.
- One MXD would have all your zip code labels presented.
- Export each set of MXD/DDP pages (e.g., 25 pages each for a total of 50 pages)
- Use arcpy.mapping to create a new PDF and programically append every other PDF.
2) Do it all with arcpy.mapping and with one MXD.
- with arcpy.mapping you have the ability to control the individual pages.
- after advancing to each page, simple toggle layer visibility and export to PDF
- you would export 2 times for each page extent.
Check out the following help topic: