WWTP

05-26-2011 07:30 AM
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
I was wondering how others were handling piping and structures within the WWTP with the geometric network.  Right now in the localgovernment gdb there isn't a feature class for structures within the WWTP such as sludge pits, U.V. filters, etc.  I would like to be able to have all of the piping within connected to the features in the network for the analysis, but was curious about how others were handling this.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anthony_JMilden
New Contributor
You will need to add those types (sludge pits, UV filters, etc)to the ssNetworkStructureType domain if you want to represent them.

If you do not want to modify domains you can represent them as ssNetworkStructures, and use the type "Other". You can then utilize the "Name" field to indicate device type, and list which treatment plant it is located at in the "LOCDESC" field.

I am sure there are better ways but that's what popped into my head.

Have a great day,

Anthony Milden
Wastewater Technical Support
Collier County Government, FL
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Are you looking to model a treatment plant or just represent the plant as a location in the distribution model?  If you would like to model the plant, take a look at the water and sewer treatment plant models.
http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/datamodel/detail/16
0 Kudos
RaynerHoward
New Contributor III

Mike,

I'm getting a Page Not Found when clicking on your link.  Looking for the latest & greatest sewer treatment plant data model.

Thanks.

Rayner

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Try this link

http://downloads2.esri.com/support/TechArticles/Water_Utilities_Data_Model.pdf

0 Kudos
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
I was wondering how others were handling piping and structures within the WWTP with the geometric network.  Right now in the localgovernment gdb there isn't a feature class for structures within the WWTP such as sludge pits, U.V. filters, etc.  I would like to be able to have all of the piping within connected to the features in the network for the analysis, but was curious about how others were handling this.  Thanks!

We have been using ArcGIS to manage the piping, valves, and many other assets for inside our Wastewater Treatment Plant for several years. We are just now in the process of creating a WWTP Data Model that is specific to our Plant. We looked at the ESRI WWTP Data Model and that is not specific enough for our Plant. Hence, the reason we are building it from scratch.

Are you looking to do hydraulic analysis, valve isolation trace, or ...?

We have 80+ piping systems (not including Electrical, Communication, and Fiber Optic Systems). We have most of them in our GIS with fittings and other assets.

We have integrated our GIS data into our Infor EAM Asset Management System as well. We also are working with our in-house GIS consultant.

Here is my contact info, send me an e-mail so we can chat more.
Tim Hayes
GIS Manager - San Jose/Santa Clara Water Pollution Control Plant
timothy.hayes at sanjoseca.gov