Converting to DSS

07-14-2011 01:13 PM
Labels (1)
CynthiaErhardt
New Contributor
I am trying to convert raster layers into DSS files to be used in the HEC-HMS models. The tool in arcHydro converts time series layres into DSS files, not raster layers.

Is there a program or method to convert from raster to DSS?

Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I've had success using DSS utilities that I found via http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-dss/hecdss-commandpromptutility-intro.htm. However, I was automating the import of rain data into DSS. For example, the DSSTS (time series) tool worked well once I understood it. I was able to create a batch and python code to do all I wanted.

Maybe they have a tool like that to do what you want.

You also might want to look into Geo-HMS to see if it has tools to do what you want to do. This works inside ArcMap (though I don't know if they've updated to 10 yet).
MartinKoli1
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to import TimeSeries data from DSS to GDB. It works fine, but I would like to import data such STORAGE which is undefined in ApUtilities Framwork Config XML. I added STORAGE variable and connected UNITS to XML. Tool works, but output is empty. Please, do You have any experience with importing/exporting undefined. Is possible to do it so simply?

I am using ArcGIS 10.2.1 with lastest ArcHydro, GeoHMS and HMS.

I inserted that: "<Variable Name="STORAGE" CPART="STORAGE" DTYPE="INST-VAL" />" and "<Unit Name="1000 m3" DSSUnit="1000 M3" />"

Thank You for Answer!

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher

Sorry for the late response. I do not have experience in what you are doing.

Mark

0 Kudos
SikandarAli
New Contributor

Hi Dear, i am Alexandar from Pakistan and working on HEC-HMS. Actually i need your help, I want to convert Raster Satellite Rainfall data to DSS for input to HEC HMS. Kindly guide me how to do this. If you have these tools then kindly send me here. sikandaruaf@gmail.com

asc2dssgrid.exe

DSSTS (time series) tool

Thanks,

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher

Sikanar,

I have not converted raster data to dss before, so I don't think I can help you. Sorry.

Mark

0 Kudos
NazmulAhasan
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

If you can tell me how to create SHG grid for other projection rather than Albers Equal Area Conic that would be really helpful.

0 Kudos
RajibMozumder
New Contributor
HI,
Did you figure out any solution to the problem? Thanks.

I am trying to convert raster layers into DSS files to be used in the HEC-HMS models. The tool in arcHydro converts time series layres into DSS files, not raster layers.

Is there a program or method to convert from raster to DSS?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
SikandarAli
New Contributor

Dear, If you have the solution for raster to dss conversion then kindly guide me, thanks

0 Kudos
NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

check this page and the tool..

HEC-GridUtil Features

0 Kudos