Unrecognized leading character

10-10-2011 09:10 AM
MiriEshel
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm using the new iOS API (version 2.0.1).

I'me trying to operate IdentifyTask on visible layers in : http://www3.emap.co.il/ArcGIS/rest/services/Clients/NetanyaWater/MapServer

The identify fails and I get the error : NSLocalizedDescription=Unrecognized leading character.
When I address other services like : http://www3.emap.co.il/ArcGIS/rest/services/Clients/batyam/MapServer, it works fine.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Miri
0 Kudos
7 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
I tested the URL mentioned by you for identify task and I see NO error. Could you please provide a sample application to test?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
MiriEshel
New Contributor III
Nimesh,

Sorry. I had an error in my code. I just thought, because of the error message, that the problem is in the service and not in the code.

Sorry again...

Miri
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
No problem!

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
I have the same problem Getting the error

" Error Domain=org.brautaset.JSON.ErrorDomain Code=3 "Unrecognised leading character" UserInfo=0x602a340 {NSLocalizedDescription=Unrecognised leading character} "
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
What you are trying to do? When this error happens? Post code to reproduce the error.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
I am trying to access the services from vpn server. When i am logged in to vpn server and run iphone application I got this error
Error msg:
Error Domain=org.brautaset.JSON.ErrorDomain Code=3 "Unrecognised leading character" UserInfo=0x6312830 {NSLocalizedDescription=Unrecognised leading character}
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
You are getting error because from your iPhone, service (from your ArcGIS Server) is not accessible. Please make sure that on iPhone device browser you are able to access the service (REST end point) after connecting to the VPN.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos