Problem with subtypes in feature service

12-28-2011 06:57 AM
faisalmoeen
New Contributor
hi there. I have published a feature service for a feature class in an arcsde geodatabase. This feature class contains subtypes. The subtype field is visible in rest endpoint of its mapservice (in Type ID Field) but in its feature service, this is not visible. This means that I am unable to use subtypes in editing in flex. Why is that its visible in mapservice but not in feature service. Is there something wrong in authoring the data for service?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GaryMacDougall
Esri Contributor
Make sure that the subtype field is set to be visible in the map that you used to publish the feature service. The feature service preserves these properties.

thanks
Gary
0 Kudos
MladenSimic1
New Contributor II

Hi Gary,

I am facing the same problem. 10.3 Feature Service and Map Service published from same mxd with subtypes defined for some layers. In map service everything is OK, but in feature service Type ID field is blank. Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

Same problem, Type ID Field in the Feature Services is blank but populated in the Map Service. This makes the subtype field useless for an editing scenario.

I'm using Desktop and Server 10.3.

Gary, all fields are visible in the mxd and in my Portal map and the mxd only contains this one single subtyped feature class.

0 Kudos
MladenSimic1
New Contributor II

Hi NIcholas,

Did you change default layer symbology based on subtype field?

Mladen

NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

Yes I did, I changed it to a single symbol. Changing it back to unique values based on the subtype field fixed it. Thank you!