ArcGIS Viewer for Javascript - Application Builder

01-06-2012 11:58 AM
AdamDrackley1
New Contributor II
As we're seeing new Builder applications be released for the Silverlight and Flex Viewers, are there any rumblings of plans to release one for Javascript?  I'm aware that ArcGIS.com has a JS Web Application Builder, but the Silverlight Builder has the great ability to integrate custom-created widgets (Add-ins) into generated applications.  Has anyone seen/heard anything about a user-friendly way of spinning up Javascript API Web Apps with the option of including Custom Widgets?
0 Kudos
30 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
At the Developer Summit, it was announced that a beta version is going to be released on March 28. You can apply to participate in the beta program here.
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for the link Ken
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Has anyone been invited to start beta testing as of 3/31/2014?
0 Kudos
denverweston
New Contributor III
No not yet.  Hopefully soon.
0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II
I'm waiting too 😉
0 Kudos
BradleySnider
New Contributor III
All,

It is looking like the JS Viewer will be released in July.  It is currently in public beta, although I'm not sure who's being accepted.

I will keep you all posted as I learn more.

Brad
0 Kudos
RobertBurke
Esri Contributor
There are a few videos, if you'd like to learn more:
http://video.esri.com/search/ArcGIS-WebApp-Builder
0 Kudos
PatrickWild3
New Contributor III
Hi All,
Anyone know if this is an AGOL/Portal specific product or if it will be usable with standalone ArcServer?
Thanks,
PW
0 Kudos
DanielOchoa
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,
Anyone know if this is an AGOL/Portal specific product or if it will be usable with standalone ArcServer?
Thanks,
PW

I'm in on the Beta.  The WebApp Builder is only doing 2d right now, with 3d coming after the conference in July, I believe.

In order to use this version of the WebApp Builder and bring in your specific content you must have AGOL or Portal set up with content already published, unlike the Flex AppBuilder, which allowed you to access your local ArcGIS Published services.  Pretty slick interface, but I don't like this being forced to use Portal or AGOL to use the WebApp Builder.  I asked the powers that be about it, and they said that you wont need the builder to create your own JS/HTML5 apps, and you will be able to connect to your ArcGIS server that way, but not with the WebApp Builder. Why this is I have no idea, other than ESRI forcing everyone to push their content into one or the other places (portal or AGOL).
0 Kudos