2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 9:29 AM by JCenteno

Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up

JCenteno
      We are currently upgrading our users from 9.3.1 to 10. One of our users PC hangs up while uninstalling 9.3.1 the process freezes or hangs up on registering modules rdo.dll. I tried the procedures in troubleshooting article 32953 to no avail. I tried to repair 9.3.1 but then freezes in same spot. When I looked in the registry there was no Raster registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Raster registry. Is this a know problem when upgrading from 9.3.1 to 10 and is there another solution?
        • Re: Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up
          vsfoote
          John,

Suspect the problem may be with a 3rd party extension to ArcGIS 9.3; the extensions must come off first. Probably not an issue in that most will not work with ArcGIS 10 anyhow.  Run an APPWIZ.CPL session or another installation manager (CCLEANER or REVO Uninstaller) looking for the culprit. But you may need to reinstall 9.3.1, remove the extension, then uninstall, clean-up a bit and then proceed with the ArcGIS 10.0 install.

Stuart
          • Re: Uninstalling 9.3.1 rdo.dll hangs up
            JCenteno
            Problem resolved! I had looked in the event viewer to see if there was an error log. What I found were a few registry errors related to RedBoxMM after some internet searching I found this is related to a Trojan. I ran Mal-Ware Bytes and found a rogue RegTool and a few thousand errors. I let MalWare Bytes resolve the issues restarted the PC. The uninstall of 9.3.1 and the install of 10 worked fine. Thanks for the help!