5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2012 12:05 PM by trevor_hart-eagle-co-nz-esridist

WMX Attachment Behaviour (not updating/saving)

I have created a custom step which adds an attachment to a job and stores it in the database. Its working fine. The idea being that as part of the job creation process several attachments are pre-loaded onto the job. These would be MS Word templates etc that the user would fill out as part of the job.

However, contrary to what I recall with older versions of JTX, when I open the attachment and make a change the attachment is not updated in the database. If I check the "temp" folder (ie C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\ESRI\Workflow Manager\ the file has been updated but its never updated in the database.

Does this behaviour still exist? I see the help says the following (which is a bit of a disappointment if the attachment has to be readded after modification);

The attachments can be saved from the job. This can be useful if you want to update the contents of the attachment based on findings on the job. You can save it to modify the contents, then readd this as an attachment for the job.

If this is the case is the only way around this to reference attachments via UNC path?