4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 10:33 AM by MCarey73

Toolbuttons: enabling, adding/removing, and changing of images through custom code

Using ArcPad Studio to change the .apx file, I have replaced the default button on the DrawingTools toolbar named "toggleedit" which allows you to choose a map layer to edit.

Instead I have a button that makes Layer A editable, a button that makes Layer B editable, and a button that makes both layers not editable ('stop editing', in other words).

What I would like is to have the 'stop editing' button be grayed out/disabled (or invisible) until one of the layers is made editable.

In an ideal world I'd also like to have the image for each of the first two buttons toggle when it's clicked to show that that layer is now in an edit session.

From searching I'm getting the impression that this is not possible, and that only workarounds involving whole toolbars are possible.

This isn't a huge deal for me but I thought I'd see if anyone knew if anything changed with ArcPad 10 or could think of a simple workaround (I can probably have the whole toolbar change but it has other tools on it too, so it might be a hassle to make multiple copies of the toolbar).