How does Viewer.xap File get generated?

03-01-2012 09:12 PM
Swani_Jesus_Captonsiluvairajan
New Contributor III
How is the Viewer.xap file get generated in the ESRI SIlverlight viewer template project?  How do I contents to it dynamically form my visual studio ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Capton,

If necessary, you can crack open the .xap file as you would any zip file. For an alternative method to putting the ServiceReferences.ClientConfig in the xap, see this blog post: Silverlight" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://weblogs.asp.net/manishdalal/archive/2009/02/23/si... ServiceReference.ClientConfig Alternatives.

Let us know if you find the information in the blog post helpful!

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
JohanCarlsson
Occasional Contributor
I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to solve it, even through the link you provided.
Starting a blank Silverlight application, it's easy as pie to use the ServiceReference file, but with a Silverlight Viewer Application there's no obvious soltution. Nothing I've tried so far works, except bypassing the file by setting up the bindings in code behind, but that is not an option unfortunately since I need different configurations for different environments.

Is there any additional help to get? Not being able to use this is extremely time consuming.

EDIT: My ServiceReference.ClientConfig is in the .xap, but it is not accessible when. Debugging results in the error "Cannot find 'ServiceReferences.ClientConfig' in the .xap application package.".
0 Kudos