AttachmentEditor: Viewing attachments requires REST API login

Jump to solution
03-13-2012 09:01 AM
DavidFlack
New Contributor III
Hi folks,

I have an application using the Attachment Editor, which is working fine with in an unsecured environment.  However, I have to use this tool in on a secured map service (token security/SQL Membership Provider DB).  I have no problem adding and deleting attachments, but when I go to view an attachment, the REST API Login appears.  Once I sign in, I can view the attachment, but I have to do this each time I bring up an attachment.  Not user friendly 😞

I would assume that the problem here is that there's no token being passed with the request to view the attachment.  Is there any way to remedy this via a proxy page or some other resource that I'm not aware of?

Any help is appreciated, since I'm not a programming ninja...

Dave
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for reporting this bug. I have created a work item for this. We'll try to get it fixed in future releases of the API.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for reporting this bug. I have created a work item for this. We'll try to get it fixed in future releases of the API.
0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

I'm using the latest javascript api and this is happening to me now - is there a work around?  I feel like I have searched everywhere for anyone still having this problem.  My attachment editor works perfectly except it takes me to the rest log in when I want to view an attachment. 

0 Kudos
DavidFlack
New Contributor III

You should probably post as a separate thread in the JS api forum so it gets proper attention. 

0 Kudos
DavidFlack
New Contributor III
Thanks Jennifer.  I'm not thrilled about it being a bug, but at least I don't have to lose my sanity trying to fix this!

Dave
0 Kudos
KathleenBrenkert
Occasional Contributor

There are still forums?  All links take me to here or pages that no longer exist.  I appreciate the reply, but I figured out a work around on my own for now (added the identity manager).

0 Kudos
RyanEckdale-Dudley
New Contributor III
Having same issue, when do you expect this will be resolved?.
0 Kudos
DavidFlack
New Contributor III
I asked about it at the DevSummit.  I was told that it should be in the next release of the API, but I'm not sure when that's coming.  Can anyone at ESRI confirm?
0 Kudos