Construction Tool Problems

03-14-2012 09:02 AM
Labels (1)
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Hey I was wondering if anybody else was having these problems or had solved them.  When using either the Infrastructure Editing Template or the Address Data Management Template the custom construction tools I installed with the templates don't work.  When using the Add Site Address Point tool it will create the address point but fails to create the site addresses, and with the Add lateral construction tool such as when adding a service connection point, it fails to do anything.  Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
Did you ever determine the source of your problem? I just updated with the latest tools and now I no longer have the Add Site address point construction tool. I have removed and added the add-in a number of times, so not sure what I am missing.

Thanks
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
I discovered the reason behind the addressing issue, I was using an older version of the data model, after I upgraded to the latest data model and moved all of my data into the new gdb the tool started working perfectly.  I have not checked to see if the water construction tools are now working properly or not.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Did you ever determine the source of your problem? I just updated with the latest tools and now I no longer have the Add Site address point construction tool. I have removed and added the add-in a number of times, so not sure what I am missing.

Thanks

Alison,
   Did you run the Construction Tools msi with an account with Admin privileged?  Also, do you have UAC turned on?
0 Kudos
AlisonGaiser
Occasional Contributor
Mike,

I was logged on to the machine using an admin account, and I thought that was sufficient. It appears that I needed to right-click on the installer and select "Run as administrator". I was working on a Windows 2008 R2 Server machine.

All appears well now.

Thanks!
0 Kudos