5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 1:55 PM by dpmarley

Exception in Delegate Method Causes Xcode to Crash

I've had two cases now where setting a breakpoint in an Esri iOS delegate method causes Xcode to crash immediately upon hitting the breakpoint. Xcode closes with the message "Xcode quit unexpectedly...". There is no other error detail that I can find. The two cases where this has occurred for me are in delegate methods mapView:didClickCalloutAccessoryButtonForGraphic: and mapView:didLoadLayerForLayerView:. I am able to set breakpoints elsewhere, say in viewDidLoad, as well as in delegate methods within the standard iOS libraries.

EDIT: If I set a breakpoint in a delegate associated with standard Apple library (such as: splitViewController:willShowViewController:invalidatingBarButtonItem:), it still crashes. However if I do the same thing in a simple test iOS application without any references to Esri SDK or with the associated project setup properties set as per the Esri doc, then I can place a breakpoint in the same delegate without any issue....so the problem seems at least related to the Esri SDK, or one of the other settings that the Esri doc says to set...or I am just missing something here!

I am using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS version 2.1 Final; Mac OS X 10.7.3; Xcode 4.3 (4E109). As far as I know I have all necessary libraries added, search paths, compiler flags etc. set as per the Esri documentation. My app compiles without any warnings or errors, and runs fine, so long as I don't put a breakpoint in a delegate method.

What is going on here? Am I missing something obvious? This seems like such a fundamental capability - I am a little unsure what I could be doing wrong. I don't have more detailed error information to provide as there is not, at least that I can find.

Thanks in advance...