Start Workflow Manager Job from ArcGIS

Jump to solution
03-21-2012 04:50 PM
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II
Good Afternoon All,

This is most probably a simple question, but can you start a workflow from in ArcMap. I can see from the toolbar that you can view current jobs and open them up to view them but can not see any icon that will allow you to create a new job from ArcMap. Does this require a customised step?

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Andrew
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

We do not provide this capability out of the box yet. The SDK allows you to do this though. There is also a GP tool utility that is available on the Workflow Manager resource center that shows how to do this through a GP tool. Maybe this is a start for you.

You can post this to the ideas site so that we can get a better idea of how many more people will be interested in this capability.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

We do not provide this capability out of the box yet. The SDK allows you to do this though. There is also a GP tool utility that is available on the Workflow Manager resource center that shows how to do this through a GP tool. Maybe this is a start for you.

You can post this to the ideas site so that we can get a better idea of how many more people will be interested in this capability.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos