ArcGIS for Windows Mobile secure services issues

Discussion created by jwerts on Mar 28, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 by jwerts
I've been having some issues getting ArcGIS Mobile 10 (Windows Mobile) set up with secured (token-based) services.  I've gotten it to the point where I was able to download a project to device (Juno) and was prompted for credentials for the secure service, accepted and then downloaded the project successfully.  The first issue occurs when I try to post updates which fails every time.  Don't see anything in the log other than "MobileSync: Post Features Failure."

Also, in Mobile Project Center, I am no longer able to save the project to the server (remote).  It brings up the login required dialog, which checks the login and just returns to the dialog again.  When checked in Fiddler, the following request is sent to the server:

and "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials." is returned.

There's obviously a permissions issue going on here but after many hours, I can't seem to make any progress, and can't find any documentation for using ArcGIS Mobile 10 with secured services (can only find some 9.3 docs which I 'm not sure are current).

The ArcGIS server is on a remote EC2 instance if that makes a difference.  I've tried running ArcGIS Mobile Project Center directly on the instance but it just freezes up (latest build 2550).

So if anyone has any fresh ideas, I'd love to hear them.