Coded Domain Values in Pop-ups and Attribute Table

04-04-2012 01:59 PM
Sri_VarunMuthyala
New Contributor II
Where do we configure fields with coded domain values in silver-light viewer. I see only the codes instead of their descriptions.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello,

All configuring for coded-value domain is done prior to consuming the service in the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight. You may need to verify the settings on your layer/published service. For comparison, ssee the following service where the Facilities layer has coded-value domains and the Label appears in pop-ups and the attribute table instead of the domain value: http://sampleserver5a.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/LocalGovernment/Recreation/FeatureServer...

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
PeterDauer
New Contributor II
I'm having a similar problem with Subtypes. The Subtype code displays, but I'd like to see the description.
0 Kudos
KarenEllett
Occasional Contributor
Peter, did you ever find a solution?
0 Kudos
CameronMortazavi1
New Contributor
We found the same issue with ArcGIS SIlverlight Viewer 3.0.  When bringing up the attribute table for a feature with a subtype, the subtype field is blank in the attribute table.
0 Kudos
CameronMortazavi1
New Contributor
Hello,

All configuring for coded-value domain is done prior to consuming the service in the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight. You may need to verify the settings on your layer/published service. For comparison, ssee the following service where the Facilities layer has coded-value domains and the Label appears in pop-ups and the attribute table instead of the domain value: http://sampleserver5a.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/LocalGovernment/Recreation/FeatureServer...

Katy

The issue is only with subtype fields.  Domain values do not cause any issues.  Even in ArcGIS 10.1 and Silverlight Viewer 3.0 subtypes do not show up in the attribute table.  The attribute popup values for a selected feature shows the numeric value for the feature.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Cameron,

Would you be able to provide us with data or an example? I ran a quick test locally, and didn't see any issues displaying subtypes in either the attribute table or the pop-up window. You can message me privately on the forums if you prefer to share data that way.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
KarenEllett
Occasional Contributor
Katy,

We also have this problem with subtypes, and have since Viewer 1.0.  The numeric code shows, but not the label.  For instance, the codes and labels may be:
1 : Fuse
2 : Open switch
3: Closed switch.

In ArcGIS I see "Fuse", "Switch", etc.  But in the viewer popup and attribute table I only see 1, 2, 3.
0 Kudos
DanPajak
Occasional Contributor
Has this issue been resolved? I'm experiencing the same thing with Silverlight Viewer 3.1. Continues to not read my coded values. Actually some fields appear to have no info at all. Is there anything you need to be mindful of when publishing to ArcGIS Server. I can see the values in other applications such as desktop and arccatalog.
0 Kudos
StaceyCrowe1
New Contributor II
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I am have the same problem in ArcGIS Portal.  The domain will display in the pop-up windows but not in the attribute table.
0 Kudos